Saturday, June 11, 2011

The 3D Skeleton Assembler



Yes. It's a 3D game. But I haven't started on the 'game' yet, but rather I've been working on the things I would need.

(Click for a larger image)

I thought I might as well describe a program I've made to help in the process. It doesn't really have a name, but the title "The 3D Skeleton Assembler" seems apt as that is exactly what it does. You import models and assign them their parents. Then you also input their offset and they rotate around that point of the parent. You can also change the origin of the model itself if it is incorrect in the model file.

On the left there is a scroll list that shows you all of the parts of the skeletons. There are buttons to delete the part, change the model file of the part, scale the model, flip the model, and to reverse the winding order of the model.

Once you've gotten the configurations down to how you want, you save the assembled model file and stores its unique skeleton class id if it is a new class.

Tune in next time to see where we go next with the file.

No comments: