Friday, June 17, 2011

Nothing but Bad.

So I was out shopping for supplies for this game. I had two things to get: a decent microphone so I could record sounds, and a mannequin that I could use to plan out poses in the animator.
After driving around four stores I found a little $10 mannequin (I didn't expect finding one) and bought it. Then I found a $40 microphone and I bought that. I then took everything home and opened my spoils to find... The microphone had a 1/4" cable.

F**k.

They should really say these things on the box. All I got before purchase was a picture of the microphone and its cable (which on the picture looked 1/8").
I hoped it wasn't too much of a problem so I went and  I ordered an adapter for it on Amazon, but Friday is a horrible day to order anything online. It probably won't come in for another 1-2 weeks.
Well. At least the microphone problem is dealt with: It's just a matter of waiting.

So then I decided to open the case to my mannequin, only to find out that the legs don't rotate. Cool. That's exactly what I did not want. I think I'm going to have to break off his legs and do something that would allow them to rotate. Maybe something involving Velcro.

In other news: Height checking has been fixed. Normals and smoothing: Not so much.

No comments: